Friday 26 January 2018

Judge Judy

I'm far from perfect and I'm the first to admit that I've made bad choices in my life. I've done things I'm not proud of and I've hurt people who didn't deserve it.

What I am guilty of though is caring too much for people. I have never been one to judge someone based on the choices they're making or the things they choose to do in their life. I am however that sort of friend who will listen to you day in and day out as you moan about the same shit for the millionth time. I'll hurt when you're sad and having a rough time. If you hate someone we totally both hate them. When you're hurt and sad I hurt for you. I'll listen to you for hours on end, giving the same advice I've given to you already and watch you go through the same shit only to have the same outcome as the previous times before but I still won't judge you. I'm the supportive, always there for you friend. That's me!

Tonight my heart took a stab of hurt when someone I cared about and have been there for a million times over decided it was her place to judge me on the choices I'm making. She used past experiences to shine a light on the fact that the people I keep in my life or choose to see aren't "right" for me. I felt like I had to justify my life and or reasoning to her but at the same time I had this feeling of anger and hurt.

I let her know how I felt but I knew if we continued on with the conversation it wouldn't end well. Her reply was what I expected sooo I took a step back, didn't reply and left it. I'm sad and hurt but perhaps it was something that needed to happen for the good of our friendship.

There's a big difference between being honest and being judgmental. Give me your advice and opinion but do not judge me as a person.  Be there as my friend as I have been for you. Sad day. I just need a hug and a break away.

No comments:

Post a Comment