Thursday 19 November 2015

Throwback Thursday

When sorting through photos today I couldn't help but be amazed at some of the photos of myself. 
Ever since I can remember I've struggled with my weight. Though to be honest I never really paid much attention to my weight until my marriage ended.  Food became my comfort which even though when you know you shouldn't you still can't help but eat food. 

I use to think I was happy.  I use to think I looked good but it's not until a drastic event happens in your life that you realise that you're not happy at all. For some it's a relationship ending for others it's a death in the family.  Losing a job.  Different people have different circumstances. 

When my marriage ended I realised I wasn't happy at all.  I ate too much.  I was overweight and I knew something needed to change.  It took a lot of will power and effort but eventually I realised I needed to do something or things would get worse. 

At my heaviest I weighed in around 105kgs. I never thought I would ever be in triple digits but like I said,  I thought I was happy.  I honestly tried every diet under the sun.  Low carb.  No carb.  High carb. No fat.  High fat.  Eventually my cravings got the best of me and I would be back on the see food eat food diet. 

It was never easy but eventually weight slowly began to shift.  After years of trying different approaches I decided to just opt for the healthy clean eating option.  I managed to lose 15kgs which put me in the low 90s.  Like I said it wasn't easy. 

For the last year I have been stuck in the low 90s with my weight not shifting at all it was frustrating so I decided to switch up how and what I was eating.  After lots more research I decided to go with the low carb high fat approach.  I suffer from PCOS and already know that my body doesn't process carbs very well even though I LOVE them like nobody's business so I knew LCHF would work for me. 

Things were great.  The weight started to drop again and slowly I was learning to actually love myself and really be and feel happy.  Don't get me wrong i totally still love junk food and I love carbs but I try my best to limit those foods. 

Today I can happily say I'm now sitting in the mid 80s though to be honest it's only been this past week that I've realised the numbers on the scale don't mean anything!! It's all about how you feel and how you look.

Now go and throw away those scales! Oh and I make no apologies for all the pictures of myself lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment