Thursday 12 November 2015

Kiwisaver

For the last few years I have been putting money into my Kiwisaver account.  I wasn't even aware I was in KS until the provider I was with went under and another company had taken over, this was around 5/6 years ago.

Fast forward to where I am at in my life at the moment and not working but still having debt and people wanting and needing their money my only option was to try and withdraw my KS money due to financial hardship.

It's a huge process and there are a lot of things you need to do and send through to show that you have done all that you can and that you really are in financial hardship.  It took a couple of weeks for me to get everything together and then to find a JP to sign my forms.  Lucky for me when I was looking for one here in the far north google told me that the person who was sitting at my Nan's table as a JP andd they lived 2 minutes away.  Yes!

The process is long and and daunting and I did wonder multiple times if my withdrawal was going to be accepted or not.  I emailed on 2 separate occasions to get any sort of update.  The first update was they had received my application but it would take upto 10 working days to process.  I hated wondering but I waited the 10 days and emailed again only to be told that it could take up to 15 business days to process.  I was so worried that they had declined by withdrawal. but I waited patiently for 15 days to pass.  Another email sent for an update a couple of days ago only to wake up this morning to some of my Kiwisaver money in my bank account.  Yay!

I couldn't have been more happier.. though the happiness only lasted half a day as I used the money to pay off my debt.  It doesn't matter though the important thing is that I paid off the things I needed too and now I don't have to worry about having to pay for things.  I even managed to sign myself up for the St John Ambulance Scheme which will help for when I need a last minute ambulance visit.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and now I can try to focus on saving what little money I do have/get and moving on with my life here in the middle of nowhere. Totally love that ASB KS approved my withdrawal it's made a HUGE difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment