Saturday 7 November 2015

Old Friends

While sorting through some of my things in the garage today I came across something a friend had written for me when I was going through a hard time.  Life was pretty crazy when I was a teenager but I was so grateful and lucky to have people who I felt I could confide in.

Long and short of it I decided to randomly email this friend and hope that she still had the same email address years later.  To my surprise she did.  It's been so good to be in contact with her again and it's as if nothing has changed.  Our friendship is still very much the same we just have years to catch up on with what is going on in each others lives.

It's crazy to think that after all of these years we still remember the time we met and how we met it was all very weird but if it wasn't for Shannon and her then fiancee I reallly would have struggled with everything way back then.

We talked about meeting up... I told her to fly half way around the world and come for a holiday here in NZ she already has family here so we def need to make some sort of plan though I'm not sure how much she will love NZ considering she now lives in LA!  Crazy!

Friends really are important and I'm so grateful for the people who are still in my life, who still ask and check on me, for the friends who have helped me out along the way, the friends who even though they don't message at all anymore hopefully still think of me.  I've had friends come and go but end of the day the friends I know I CAN count on would be there for me in a heartbeat andd I'm glad I can count them on one hand that's all I need.  I would rather have a few close friends than a million acquaintances 

Family and friends that's all I need in life to be happy...oh and maybe winning the lotto as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment