Tuesday 19 January 2016

Colposcopy what?!

With all of the surgery and issues I had going on way back when I missed out on my routine colposcopy appointment.  Soo Auckland sent me a letter wanting me to go to Kawakawa for the appointment instead this was in September.  Nan and I did the 45 minute drive only to get there and be told oh actually, we aren't going to do a colposcopy so will just do a smear.  Annoying when I could have gone to the Dr if I wanted to have a smear. 

Fast forward to today where I got a letter a little while back to say they had found low grade cancerous cells in  my smear and I needed to go for a colposcopy.  To say I was annoyed was an understatement, Had they have done the colposcopy back in September when they were told too I wouldn't have had to make another trip.  Oh well it's all done and dusted now and I even got an extra smear woo haha! 

Gotta love posts about medical things right??! 

No comments:

Post a Comment