Thursday 31 December 2015

So Long....Farewell.....


As we come to the close of another year and as is the usual tradition it's a good time to reflect on 2015 and how it went.  The first half of 2015 was AMAZING! It started off with adventures to the far north for a week in a friends home. A new start to trying to live a healthier better life.  A bus ride to Palmerston North to meet Lisa which I will never do again lol. I suffered from the worst bus sickness ever.  Not good.  The trip was amazing though and soo good to spend a weekend with Lisa. Being able to go to Australia to see my family and celebrate my sisters 21st birthday.  Best trip I've ever had and one I want to do again soon. It was also my birthday in April so was good to get home from my trip away to celebrate with family/friends and have an amazing breakfast.  Kids moved over to the shore into their new home which is beautiful.  I moved into my own place which I loved.  In wasn't until June when everything went down hill.

June started off surgery on my vocal cords with trips back and forth to the hospital and difficulty breathing and from there my whole life pretty much changed.  I moved out of the home that I had only just moved into. The kids got a new nanny.  The new job I started held it for a month for me before letting me go and everything I had was packed up/sold or given away.  I've been living in the far north officially now since August and to be honest when I first got here, it wasn't something I wanted.  All I could think was I wanted to get better and get myself back to Auckland or over to Australia with my family.  I struggled with not being around people, work, the kids, the normality of what my life was like before being sick. It's now been 4 months of being here and I keep telling Nan I don't want to move at all and that I'll be living here forever lol.

I have loved being here with my grandparents and I'm so grateful that I was able to spend Christmas with them as I know had I been in Auckland working I would not have taken time off to be with them so in a way being here sick was a blessing in disguise.  I don't do much in the day but I'm settling in and I take care of Jazz (my pup) and life is pretty much slow and relaxing.   Yes I miss my life that I had before I got sick but it's only been in the last couple of months that I've realised I have everything I need. A home, food and family. What more could I want?  Aside from maybe winning the lotto lol.

I don't know what 2016 is going to look like just yet but that's okay.  There are so many things that I am grateful for and even though I have a trachy in there are worse things that could happen.  Life is a journey and it's all about what we make of it.  You can either choose to see the good or the bad..  The only thing I know right now is that I am looking forward to 2016 and I can only hope that it is a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment