Friday 17 May 2013

Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me.

Pick me, choose me, (and if you've seen the episode) love me. - Courtesy of Meredith Grey.

That weekend in Taupo was a mix of things you would either see or not see in a movie.  There were moments where we were happy.  It was as if we were a couple but then there were times when we were the best of friends who just enjoyed spending time together.

There are times when I sit and think how much of an idiot I must've looked like as we both laid there in bed together me bawling my eyes out and telling him how he was choosing to be with someone who treated him like crap and made him feel bad for something he didn't do.  Or the time when we stood there in the shower that morning the exact same words coming out of my mouth as the water hid my tears.  Telling him to Pick Me, Choose Me.  Choose the girl who isn't going to treat you like crap. Even now as I write and think about it I feel like such an idiot.  I sometimes wish I could go back and change everything that happened BUT I know there was a reason why I went through what I did with him. I wished that it were different and I wished that we could have still been friends but end of the day I will always be "that girl" to her. 

I miss our friendship more than I thought I would.  I don't even miss the romantical side of our relationship.  I miss his friendship.  I'm sad with how everything turned out but I am so happy that he is happy.  He deserves it... so do I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment