Thursday 27 June 2013

Reminiscing

Talked about you for the first time in a little while today.  Still makes me a little sad. I miss your friendship. I guess more the friendship I thought we were building.

It's hard to look back those first couple of weeks where everything was about building foundations and going slow. I let you in. Opened my heart. Shared everything with you and to think our friendship got thrown out with the rest of the trash just like that... its hard to swallow.  I know I deserve friends who are so much better than you but I miss you. I really do.

I wish you'd have just left it. Let her be angry at you but you had to push the knife in deeper just to make extra sure I knew you had chosen her. I wish I could say I hate you but I don't.  I dislike you but I could never hate you. You helped me get past something I wouldn't have been able to do on my own and I'm grateful to you for that. As sad as I am and as much as I miss you and our friendship I'm also grateful that I got to see the real you. I deserve so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment