Thursday 9 August 2012

Speaking Up

Its hard for me to open up and be able to express my feelings.

Most of the time I brush things off because for me, it's a lot easier than having to deal with confrontation.

Confrontation and I, we just don't go together well. We tend to always butt heads and I end up being labeled as 'the nice guy'.

I know sometimes I need to speak up more and say how I'm feeling about things and some of the time I do. I guess I worry to much about what the other person is going to think if I do share my feelings with them, whether they're good or bad.

I still find it a struggle as well sometimes to tell the people who I love how I feel about things.

Martin is a great example of this. We tell each other everything. I swear I talk enough for the both of us. Poor guy must get sore ears and end up tuning me out. :)

There are times though when I find it hard to talk to him and even though I trust and love him I still worry about what he is going to think if I bring up (enter whatever topic) lol. I know him and know he doesn't think bad of me but sometimes it's how I feel and eventually I'll get past this.

It's been a long week and I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. I think I need to do something for me and just have some 'me time'. It will probably help to get me out of the funk that I seem to be in, that and maybe some sleep. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment