Thursday 12 April 2012

Happy Birthday

For the last 8 birthdays I celebrated with J and/or family and not having either of them here I was in someway worried about the day. I wasn't really looking forward to celebrating without any family here and wondered what it would be like.  My first birthday not with J or family. 

I really didn't have anything to worry about. I got a midnight happy birthday phone call from Martin. I woke up to texts and FB messages from friends and family. I received 5 birthday cards from Martin. Lunch date with Raya then I had an awesome dinner with Lee-Anne and the Rodings.

I really felt spoilt today and I'm so grateful to have people in my life who are all now like family too me. I'm grateful for the people who took time out to welcome me to their family and make my birthday feel special for me.

All in all it was a better birthday than I thought it would be. Looking forward to next years birthday for sure. So much can change in a year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday trouble! Glad you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete