Saturday 27 December 2014

My 2014

Hard to believe that 2014 is about to draw to a close as I reflect back on how my year was compared to last year I would say I'm probably 90% happier with how my year was than last year. I'm looking forward to 2015 and seeing how the new year starts and ends. 

January:  
January was meant to be my start a better eating plan which for the post part I stuck too. Slacked off as usual but even though its nearly been a year I'm still down some weight and didn't manage to put on any more weight than what I was at the beginning of the year. Oh I also went to Gengy's with the nanny boys and got to meet their cousin Alex. It was a good afternoon out with the kids and Caro.  January was also the time when my family came here for my Nan's 70th Birthday.  It was soo good to see almost all of them.  I missed my brother and his family but I got to see my sister and her family and my parents.  It was soo good to have 2 weeks off from work to spend time with my family. We spent a lot of time together.  Also got to see my Dad's family and we also drove up and saw my brother who is buried up north.  January was by far my fav month of 2014.
Nanny Kids with their cousin



















February: 
Feb was still about better cleaner eating and generally trying to live a better life and a more happier one at that too.  Feb was all about the fitness and the food. Valentines day was thrown into that mix with the owner of our company getting all the ladies roses which was sweet.  It was also Raya's Hen's night and wedding day which were both amazing!  We spent the day at the mall shopping for an outfit to wear before having dinner with some of the ladies then hitting town with Mel, Raya and Jem.  It was an amazing nightThe wedding was soo good.  Loved being able to share their special day with them.

































March:
March I officially joined the Samsung/Android family with changing out my iPad for a Samsung tablet, which I love. It was also Esther's 30th birthday we all chipped in and made it a special day for her... the food as always was amazing!  Loved it.  It was also the month I decided to try ordering in Paleo food... first lot of meals were awesome and I continued on with them for a while before stopping as I thought it was quite expensive at times.  I would still recommend people use them and if I had a little more money I probably would have kept using them as well.  Good food and delivered 3 times a week it was amazing!


















  

April:
April was my birthday and I had another great year thanks to work colleagues and also to family and friends who helped make it a special day. I am truly blessed and thankful to have such amazing people in my life.  Oh it was also Easter and we had an amazing Easter brunch with Mel and her family.  I love that they include me and have welcomed me into their family with open arms.






















May:
May was the month I broke my phone. Had an awkward date with a guy who decided it was awesome to rock up in jandals no wait sandals and it was also the month I watched the kids for a weekend.  We had fun the kids and I.  Sport then onto a movie and time zone.  Fun month May was and I still laugh thinking about the awkward date. haha. It was also Ben's birthday I made cake and we went to Daikoku I really do love that place.  May was the month of madness both good and bad but it was a really good month.





















 

June: 
Another birthday at work thanks to Gwen for being born!  We had cake for her which as always was good.  It was also the month we went to see Junelle.  Awesome music and such a good night. It was fun to just go out and have fun with everyone.  June was the month I also started to see a guy.... it was all very intense to say the least.




















July:
July was a bit of a quiet month.  I think it was a mix of both dating and trying to make things work with the new guy on top of still trying to make sure things work with home, work and the kids and all of that.  I was still focusing on me but things shifted to some degree in how I was doing it. July was the end of basketball season and as always I'm a super proud nanny and love going to watch Sam and his team.













August:
August was a month of focusing on myself... working on my goals... working to be a better and healthier more... though as I mentioned from July it had shifted to some degree but I was still focusing on myself and my goals.  It was also the first time Caro and I had taken the kids and tried Burger Burger.  LOVE that place haven't been back since but I think we will have to go again soon. Good food and even better company.  Soo much for working on my goals huh lol?!


































September:
September was a rough hard month actually who am I kidding so was October.  I still focused on myself for the most part of September.  My eating was a lo more cleaned up.  My fitness was improving and I was doing things I didn't think I would have been doing a few months before. The end of September was when things sort of went crap.  It ended with the guy and I but because of the nature and intensity of our relationship I struggled to deal with it all.  I fell off the wagon of wanting to do anything fitness health related and it all just stopped.  As much as it was a habit, I didn't want to be reminded of something that had ended.  Weirdly enough.


















October:
October was still somewhat of a crazy month.  I was still trying to deal with a sort of crazy relationship that had ended.  I didn't really have people to talk about it with because I guess the nature of the relationship wasn't "normal".  One thing that got me through was being part of a women's only group Motivate Me.  I have been in the group over a year now and I felt like I needed to get how I was feeling out and to know that I had support.  I spilled my guts and how I was sad hurting etc.  The group of women were amazing. They helped me, encouraged me and most importantly made me feel like I was wanted.  I don't know who it was but some amazing person renewed my MMNZ membership for the year and another (or the same person) got me a new MMNZ tank which I love. I had never felt so supported and cared for by such strangers that it really was overwhelming.  I focused a lot more on myself tried not to think about a relationship that ended.  I met up with some of the ladies from the MMNZ group which was great.  October was also the month I met a lady online named Andrea.  She introduced me to a company that was going to be launching in NZ in November and from there I was full force.  What I thought was going to be a bad month turned into a really great one. 




















November:
 November was the month of new friendships.  Thanksgiving. Amazing Food. Family. Friends. It was also the month I started with it works global.  It was a pretty awesome month.  Thanksgiving was spent with amazing friends and family.  The food as always was to die for.  The business was slow but steady for my first month and I really enjoyed getting out there and making new friends.  





















December:
My most fav month of the year and I'm sure it's because of Christmas though to be fair I didn't have much of the Christmas spirit next year I think next year it's going to be awesome with a Christmas tree and all! :)  December was filled with parties both work ones, family ones, ones with friends, it was the month of food food and more food.  Ohh and can't forget the drinks Mmm.  It's been a great month and I'm soo lucky to have spent Christmas with amazing people who I call family.  I'm always so blessed when at this time of year I don't have my immediate family around that I have others who I now call family to help celebrate the day with me and make me feel a part of a family that I have grown to love and care about.  



 





































 



It really has been a great 2014 and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2015 brings me.  Comparing my 2013 to 2014 I think the main thing is that I'm a lot more happier and my life isn't as hectic as it was last year. I'm happier than I was this time last year which makes me feel good.  I truly honestly don't know what 2015 will be like for me but going by 2014 I am guessing it can only be an amazing year for me.  

Thank you to all of those people who have been there for me I don't know if I would have got through 2014 without the love help and support of all of you.  I am blessed and grateful to have such amazing friends and family.  May 2015 be just as amazing as 2014 if not better.

Now BRING ON 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment